Film Exhibition Fund
- £2,000 - £10,000
Dates and deadlines
- First deadline: 8 April 2024
- Second deadline: 6 August 2024
- Activity window: May 2024 - March 2026
The BFI FAN Film Exhibition Fund aims to support Hub members to reach new and diverse audiences and offer the best independent film and broader screen experiences to their local communities.
As part of the BFI Film Audience Network, Film Hub Scotland has been awarded funding from Screen Scotland and the BFI National Lottery to reach a broad range of audiences with independent UK and international film.
What is the Film Exhibition Fund?
The Film Exhibition Fund aims to help audiences across Scotland access and enjoy a diverse range of films, regardless of geography or circumstance.
Members can apply for between £2,000-£10,000 to support audience-facing screening projects.
The fund will support exhibitors to deliver audience development activity that addresses one or more of the BFI and FAN priority outcomes, in line with BFI’s Screen Culture 2033 strategy:
- Engaging with children and young people
- Accessing a wider choice of film
- Tackling social, economic and geographic barriers
- Engaging with heritage collections that reflect the diversity of the UK
All supported activity will need to address our cross-cutting principles of:
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Environmental Sustainability
All proposals must also be able to set out how they will address the BFI Diversity Standards.
Who can apply to the Film Exhibition Fund?
Support is open to Film Hub Scotland members. This includes full-time cinema venues, mixed arts centres, community cinemas and film societies, film festivals and touring programmes.
Overall, priority will be given to those Hub members with a demonstrable track record of work that meets FAN’s objectives.
To become a Film Hub Scotland member, please visit our Membership page.
The fund will support activity taking place from May 2024 – March 2026 and we are now seeking suitable proposals from Hub members during the period May 2024 – March 2025.
Multi-year projects into 2026 may be considered, subject to organisational capability and demonstrable need. Applications for multi-year projects must closely fit the criteria and have a strategic plan in place. If you think this applies to your project, please get in touch.
- Fund opens for proposals: 12 February 2024
- First deadline: 8 April 2024
- Second deadline:6 August 2024
If you anticipate delivering activity in April or May 2024, please speak to the Hub team.
Early submission is recommended.
How do I apply?
To apply to the Film Exhibition Fund, please follow the steps below:
- Read the Film Exhibition Fund Guidelines (below) and BFI Diversity Standards Criteria
- Complete the Film Exhibition Fund Proposal Form
- Complete the Budget Template and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about funding, or require any support to complete your application, please get in touch.
If you have access requirements that mean you need assistance when applying for funds, you may be able to request financial support through the BFI Access Support Scheme.