Film Exhibition Fund
- £1,000 - £10,000
Dates and deadlines
- First deadline: 23 April 2023
- Second deadline: 14 August 2023
- Activity window: April 2023 - March 2026
The Film Exhibition Fund aims to support Hub members to reach new and diverse audiences and offer the best independent film and broader screen experiences to their local communities.
The Fund ensures that audiences across Scotland can access and enjoy a diverse range of films, regardless of geography or circumstance, as part of BFI’s Screen Culture 2033 strategy.
Members can apply for £1,000 to £10,000 to support audience-facing screening projects.
Funding is open to all Film Hub Scotland members. Overall, priority will be given to those Hub members with a demonstrable track record of work that meets FAN’s objectives.
All proposals should respond to Film Hub Scotland’s key strategic objectives:
- Children and young people are empowered to develop their own relationships with a wider range of screen culture
- People across the UK can access a choice of film and the moving image, including stories that reflect their lives
- Funding helps tackle social, economic and geographic barriers for screen audiences in new, effective ways
- More people can engage with heritage collections that better reflect the diversity of the UK
All supported activity will need to address our cross-cutting principles of:
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Environmental Sustainability
Fund opens for proposals: 22 March
First assessment deadline: 23 April 2023
Second assessment deadline: 14 August 2023.
If you anticipate delivering activity in April or May 2023, please speak to the Hub team.
Film Hub Scotland welcomes collaborative approaches and partnership applications to this fund.
Remember, Film Hub Scotland hosts funding surgeries on Wednesday afternoons to discuss proposal ideas.
To apply, please follow the steps below:
- Read the Film Exhibition Fund Guidelines and BFI Diversity Standards Criteria
- Fill out the BFI FAN Equality Monitoring Report and submit
- Complete the Film Exhibition Fund Proposal Form
- Complete the Budget Template and email to firstname.lastname@example.org